1.30.2009

2008 Faves

We meant to do this a month ago...but here are a couple favorite things from 2008...

Em:
The Ranch Manch - best time ever!! See it here, here and here.
Ghostown - movie
Harold - movie
Narrow Stairs - Death Cab For Cutie - album
Losing Touch - The Killers - song from the awesome Day & Age
Follow The River - James Alexander Thom - book (not from 2008)
30 Rock - tv
and the best...
Ghostmoves and Fall To Pieces - Neon Trees - songs


Bdog:
Seeing Katie love kindergarten
Joining Neon Trees
Dark Knight - movie
Narrow Stairs - Death Cab For Cutie - album
Oracular Spectacular - MGMT - album


And here is Andy Armstrong's list as well:
Son of Rambow - movie
Happy-Go-Lucky - movie
Microcastle - Deerhunter - album
Friday Night Lights - Season Three -tv
Caught in the Trees - Damien Jurado - album
Wall*E - movie

Ricky Gervais Show - Season Five - podcast


What is everyone's favorite album from 2008?
 

6 comments:

LTD in Las Vegas said...

That is really hard to pick one full album...SO many albums that I love and individual songs...but the album that has had the most play in my house & car (mainly due to Mcdog request) is Metallica - Death Magnetic. Does that sound ridiculous or what? I was glad to see them come out with a good album again.

andrew said...

i made it on the daily cool for the second time! the ricky gervais show is a podcast! i can't believe i left this off my list: son of rambow!

Emilie and Branden said...

K- fixed it. And we LOVED Son Of Rambow. You get a package from me yet?

andrew said...

em! we totally got the package - you're the best. i think i'm going to leave progressively tinier things behind, and see if you can find them. like the back of my earring. or a contact lens. i know i'll stump you one of these days!!!

I am Tyler Glenn. said...

i posted my fave films of 08. fave albums and fave moments coming soon.
loved son of rambow, but didn't make it. weird eh?

terynmendenhall said...

Shoot....I would have to say Lykke Li-Youth Novel, Murder By Death-Red of Tooth and Claw, The National-Boxer, and I rediscovered the Sounds and they treated me so well