9.17.2008

Proud Mommy

I just have to brag about my child for a moment...

We've had many proud rock 'n roll moments with 5 yr. old Katie. Like the time we were at Cafe Rio when she was 3 and she heard the faint music over the speakers and said, "Mommy, this is The Beatles" and she was right. Or when she actually cried because we weren't playing The White Stripes loud enough in the car. Or the time I found her playing alone in her room, quietly singing a Keane song to herself.

Well, the other day I had another proud moment. We were driving for a long time listening to the new Death Cab For Cutie album which, by the way, I've NEVER thought they were anything to write home (or on a blog) about. But this new album is so fantastic. I think I've listened to it 100 times in the last month. So, there we were, driving....and track 4 came on. I thought to myself, "Wow. The drums on this track are really interesting. They sound really awesome & different." Then Katie said something and I turned it down to hear her. I realized that it was Katie drumming her own beat on the seat behind me. A totally amazing rhythm that was perfectly synced with the song. It was just awesome. We are raising her right, thank you very much.

1 comment:

Kaerlig said...

How can she help but be into rock and roll with you guys as her parents?