5.27.2010

Napoleon's Bees

Last week Miss Katie and I went to D.I. for a spring cleaning drop off. She begged to go inside. She loves looking at all the random old toys and always finds some hidden treasure. I'm actually glad that she's o.k. with second hand toys and not too snobby for them. It makes the little hippie that lives inside my heart very proud and happy.

While we were there I was browsing all the glassware and something caught my eye. These darling drinking glasses with little raised relief bees on them. I didn't know anything about them, but they were $0.75 each and I liked them so I bought all four. When I got home, I googled the name on the bottom: La Rochere. Turns out, they are a french classic designed by the La Rochere Crystallerie in 1475...the oldest glass factory in France. The bees are called Napoleanic Bees and these reproductions sell for around $10 a piece. Not a bad find I'd say. And I love them.

5 comments:

Vanessa Contessa said...

Totally jealous of your Napoleanic Bee glasses.

My girls love the thrift store, too. We refer to it as the treasure store.

l i z said...

cool bees!

Kaerlig said...

we always end up with junk because I don't have your eye for good taste

oliver.and.emily said...

those are so great!! love the bees.

Anonymous said...

Ya I can see it some of the bees have one of the legs tucked under a wing.